Triversal is made within Unity Engine, and I worked on the audio system! If you hear a sound in the game, I had a hand in writing the logic, importing the asset, hooking into the game side system, and getting it to play!
My work for this project was in two parts, one on our general audio framework that we share between client projects, and the other on the specific systems required for Triversal.
Improvements we made to the framework:
Expanded event based play calls to improve routing between client code and target sound
Created system to modify mixer parameters at runtime, lerping them between predefined states
Systems created for Triversal:
Music sequencer capable of queuing and transitioning between stem groups and music themes
SFX Spawner’s that allowed for dynamic music playback as the player beat puzzles and advanced through the game.
This is a very big moment for me, as this is my first game that is launching to steam that I had a direct hand in. Loved working with Phantom Compass on this one, and looking forward to future work on their other titles!
Welcome to the spooky yet charming world of Potion Pals! Play with a friend as you take on the role of either a magical, potion-brewing Witch in VR or a bustling, potion-delivering Warlock on PC.
In a cozy yet cluttered potion shop, you must race the clock as you try to keep all your monster customers happy! Be careful though, if you take too long or give them the wrong potion, they will NOT be happy and the result could be DISASTROUS
Work with your teammate to create the proper potions and deliver them super speedily in order to get the best score.
Potion Pals was my fourth year project at Brock University. I functioned as the teams lead programmer, and production was going very smoothly. Unfortunately, due to Covid19 preventing us from heading in to school to continue working, and the majority of the team not having VR headsets at home to work on, we regretfully had to stop development of Potion Pals and settle with the above trailer.
On the team, I handled the majority of the programming related to VR, so creating our custom VR controller and programming the ingredient/crafting systems. I also had a hand in NPC AI, UI hookups, animations, and game logic.
Important to note, this package includes all art assets you will need to create the game, but only templates for the code and scenes. If you so wish, feel free to create your own assets and just follow our steps with them.
Next you’ll need some videos to follow along to, so either view the Playlist, or click one of the links below to watch an episode (Episodes build off each other, so it will probably be easiest if you view and follow along in order).
While working as an intern at a VR startup, I was tasked with creating an AI to simulate fish swimming underwater. Given that it was for a VR experience, performance was extremely important I began by following a tutorial on Flock AI from Shinao on Github (https://github.com/Shinao/Unity-GPU-Boids), utilizing a simpler version of his approach, which was more optimized for VR and allowed the fish to swim in smaller schools, with more detail and “wiggling” to give the appearance of swimming. In the end, this is what we ended up with. In this clip (the only i’m allowed to post at this time) you can see a handful of schools procedural swimming around and minding their own business. The full version of the code also allows them to follow predefined paths with slight variations to still look natural. All in all, very fun and educational project
I have here my programmer portfolio I was required to make for one of my business classes at Niagara College. I will warn you that I am by no means a video editor, so it is a little rough. As well, we were required to show off at least one 3D modelled item we had made. Rather than use an item from my 3D modelling or art portfolio, I got cheeky and rendered a segment of code as 3D text.
For one of my Artificial Intelligence projects, we had to study neural networks and how adjusting their initial properties effect their outcome.
To test this, we used two separate data sets, the age of Abalone’s (https://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/datasets/abalone) and the the classification of Iris flowers (https://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/datasets/iris)
Unfortunately, for this project we did not have time to use our own Neural Network. Instead we used WEKA, developed by the University of Waikato.