For my Niagara College Year 3 Capstone I worked with a team of 9 developers to create the VR tower defence game MAGEHEM.
All the details for the game can be found at https://digitaldetails.ca/ , but to summarize:
- VR Tower Defence, where there is only one tower, and you’re sitting on top of it
- Minions come from the distance to attack your tower
- Your only defence? MAGIC
- Craft spells using our modular glyph drawing system (48 unique spells)
- Chose your spell type (Beam, Lobbed, Point)
- Chose your element (Fire, Ice, Earth, Lightning)
- Chose your modifier (Split, Cluster, Bouncy, Explosion)
- Gesture recognition using AirSIG
- Made in Unity3D using OculusVR
This was a really fun project, and very educational as well, since I was the lead programmer for the team with 3 other programmers working alongside me.
We also learned a lot about feature creep, and keeping expectations simple from the start (we originally planned 128 unique spells and 3 schools of magic)
The game can be downloaded here: Google Drive